History

black and white funeral home exterior

Nelson-Edelen Funeral Home
Vine Grove - Circa 1950

James M. Nelson and Margaret E. Nelson opened the Nelson Funeral Home at 205 Highland Avenue, Vine Grove, Kentucky. They had their first funeral service July 7, 1948. C. Alex Edelen purchased interest in the funeral home in 1949 which then became known as the Nelson-Edelen Funeral Home.

In 1959, the funeral home became known as the Nelson-Edelen-Bennett Funeral Home when Margaret and Owen Bennett Jr., purchased the Nelson's portion of the business. They purchased the rest of the business in 1977 and remained the sole owners until 1996. Due to illness and impending death of Owen Bennett, his daughter and son-in-law, Beth and Larry Calvert became partners.

current image vine grove kentucky funeral home exterior

Vine Grove Funeral Home Today

The funeral home in Vine Grove, still at its original address, continues to be the office and a fully operational facility. In 1971, Nelson-Edelen-Bennett Funeral Home at 2072 S. Dixie Boulevard, Radcliff, Kentucky was opened.


current image radcliff kentucky funeral home exterior with flags

Radcliff Funeral Home

Nelson-Edelen-Bennet Funeral Home has a long history of serving the families of Hardin County. We continue to be family owned and always strive to provide compassionate care to the families we serve.

We invite you to visit our staff page to learn a little more about who we are.


205 Highland AvenueVine Grove, Kentucky 40175(270) 877-5122

2072 S. Dixie BoulevardRadcliff, Kentucky 40160(270) 351-3172